Friday, December 02, 2005

4 x Powermate and IR Filter

I guess I've left it a little late to get my IR Filter but I guess it's better late than never. The filter arrived yesterday and today my Astro Engineering 4x Powermate arrived through the post. What a hefty chunk of lens that is! Nice. Looking forward to some clear skies soon so I can try it out on Saturn.

I've been toying with the idea of buying the new Aluminium hard case from Meade for my ETX105. Since I'll be taking the 'scope abroad more often it might be worth it. Who would have though a portable 'scope would have cost so much with additional extra purchases later on! It's all a scam! *mwah-ha* Reminds me of one of Bill Bryson's books where he's about to embark on a trek across the Appalachian trail in North America. He goes to visit a trekking store to buy his rucksack and is floored by all the optional extra's he would have expect to come with the bag but instead came are separate purchases amounting to four times the cost of the bag itself! Shockingly similar parallels to my telescope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home